10 FEARS TO OVERCOME IN 2014

I am an introvert. Yes, I am.

I know, it doesn't seem like it, but honestly it scares the hell out of me to put myself out into the world.

Sharing my thoughts and ideas with you online was a big step.

The first three times, I hit the "PUBLISH"-button on my website, I was terrified. I was thinking to myself:

What if nobody will read this?

What if people think that this is dumb and meaningless?

What if people give a shit?

What if nobody gets what I'm even talking about?

All these thoughts were running through my head, but then...

...I SIMPLY DID IT.

And when I did it, my heart suddenly made a jump. It said: 'More, more, this is so much fun!' I felt like going down a rollercoaster.

And this was the moment, I knew, I have to do this.

The introvert in me has to make some steps forward to keep up with my soul's journey.

Richard Singer JR. writes in his book "NOW":

'Fear is merely an illusion fabricated by our ego to stop us from truly manifesting our true purpose and meaning in life.' tweet it!

Do you wanna know why it will always be scary to go where your heart wants you to go?

Because you will walk at the edge. That's where life happens. That's where the magic waits for you - the new land, scary and exciting at the same time.

When I realized that I had to face my fears to grow stronger, I purposely started searching for them and I'll show you what I found out.

Here are 10 fears I'm going to overcome in 2014:

1. writing an article in English, because for those of you who didn't know: I'm German. (and as you noticed, I already overcame this one a few weeks ago. Yeahhh!)
  2. thinking big (working on that)
  3. telling everybody about my dreams and my blog (getting better at that)
  4. talking in front of a big group / public speaking (so scary)
  5. getting older (well, I'm honest. It's not easy for me.)
  6. taking money for something I created (creation is in progress)
  7. showing love if I might not get it back
  8. making a vlog (videoblog)
  9. talking about my fears (did it. yes.)
  10. telling people that I'm an author, because I am.

So this was my spiritual striptease.

What about you?

Is your shyness holding you back from achieving your dreams?

And what are you going to do about that?

I have an idea. Make a "Fears-I-wanna-overcome-in-2014-list" and sign it with your name to make the contract official. Pin it on your fridge as a reminder.

I promise you. It causes miracles.

Appreciating everyone of you,

P.S.: Perfect timing. As I finish this article in the coffee shop, I hear Cindy Lauper singing 'I see your true colours shining through...'

Let them shine!

And if you like my article you can definitely share it with your friends.

Write a comment

Comments: 8
  • #1

martha (Monday, 31 March 2014)

Go on paula! I like the thoughts you're sharing! :*

• #2

theartofbeingmyself (Monday, 31 March 2014 14:15)

Thanx Martha. So kind :-)

• #3

Miriam (Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:30)

I just got the idea of writing a travel e book of Le Marche in Italy. I just want to start small.
    I will open up with 5 absolute cool tips ;-)
    Just to get a start ;-) And then perhaps at the end of the year I will have 10 insider tipps in it.

• #4

Miriam (Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:31)

ebook not e book ;-)

• #5

Miriam (Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:33)

Mhm ... it is not a fear. It is a dream! ;-)
    I always dreamed of a beautiful travel book with pictures. Today I got the idea to start small. With a tiny little cute ebook.

• #6

theartofbeingmyself (Friday, 18 April 2014 13:49)

It's so much fun to listen to you. I can feel your excitement! What a cool idea :-)

• #7

Michaela Ritter (Heider) (Thursday, 04 September 2014 14:33)

Hey Paula,
    First of all: i love Reading from you!
    I Would be so naive to say that i have no Fears at all. Not animore. And of Course only no unnessasary Fears.
    I was in Paradies several Times but i also had to feel The Heat of The hell very often. The Times in Paradies made me happy, The Times in hell Made me very very very Strong! Right Now i have again to flight against The evil in myself but i'm sure I'll make it because i did make it every Single Time!
    Will you take part at our BA-10-Jahres-treffen? I Would very much appreciate to Meet you there!

Feel loved and free of unnessasary Fears or anger!

Greetings from Germany
    Michaela

www.glueckspilzchen.com

• #8

theartofbeingmyself (Thursday, 04 September 2014 23:31)

Hey Michaela,

thank you so much for your feedback. I agree, every fear is good for something, maybe only for making us more aware or making us realize that fear is nothing but an illusion. I think I can only imagine, what you're going through right now, but I just wanna say one thing to you: There is no evil in you. Love everything which is in you, even if it is something you like to interprete as "evil".

I think I won't make it to the anniversary, because we will stay here for quite a while. That's very unfortunate. I would have liked to see all of you.

I hope we keep in touch. Let me know, if I can help in any way.

Love,